1.30.2012

Duck, Duck, Goose

The last day of duck/goose season was yesterday, so my bud Jim and I decided to check the "spots." There is something special about the last day of a season, whether it be fishing, bird, deer, etc. It is one last chance to enjoy something you are passionate about. For me, it is all about the preparation and restless nights for that one moment of truth. Searching for that 'one moment" takes many years, endless amounts of tippet, leaky waders, and several sets of truck tires. I spotted a flock of geese feeding early morning yesterday. Jim and I drew up the plan and executed the strategy with flawless precision. The hunt went well. Two geese dropped from the fleeting flock. We both had to retrieve our purse as if we were hyper golden labradors ready to swim. We each got our first goose on a day we will both never forget…

Pray for snow…

Big Canadian
Double Goose
Ryan getting after it in the backcountry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog